I wanted to reach out to you today to talk about our COVID-19 Mitigation Plan. As most of you probably know, we’ve been managing mission critical systems for a long time – nearly 25 years. We’ve never had a service interruption, and we’re not going to have one now because of the COVID-19 virus.
Being prepared for disasters and failures is part of our DNA. Our first hosting contract in 1998 was to implement a business continuity plan with a fully replicated production environment for a major global bank – that we had to have completed in 89 days. And we did.
We’ve been preparing for an event such as this for many years. As part of our annual business continuity planning, we’ve developed plans to address any type of disaster, including terrorist attacks, civil insurrections, pandemics, and natural disasters among others.
Because of the wide range of regulatory compliance certifications we hold to support our customers (SSAE-18 SOC1 & SOC2, HIPAA/HITECH, HITRUST, GDPR, CCPA, FISMA, FERPA, ISO 27001, and Canada Bill-198 among others), we’re required to document our preparation to our auditors annually to ensure that we’ll be able to meet our stringent service level commitments.
As many of you probably know, the Centres for Disease Control (CDC) has provided guidance for businesses and employers during this pandemic. We will be not only following these guidelines, but we will take additional steps to ensure not only the continuity and safety of your systems and data, but also the safety of your employees and ours.
Specifically, We have instituted the following measures:
- We will maintain all service levels by enabling our staff to securely work remotely, and we will transfer employee workloads to other secure locations as necessary;
- We will continue to execute our pandemic response plan including our Infectious Disease Control Policy which includes established staff redundancies and succession planning for all mission-critical business roles;
- We’ve eliminated all non-critical business travel for all our employees – and we’ve made any business travel voluntary at the employee’s discretion;
- We’ve eliminated all non-critical customer and vendor visits to our facilities;
- We are mandating work-from-home procedures and implementing staggered work shifts for staff that are unable to work remotely due to their job duties;
- We’ve cancelled participation at group events and gatherings.
These measures will allow us to continue providing secure and reliable access to your systems and data without a reduction in any of our service levels.
I think all of us are in unchartered territory these days, and we will continue to be thoughtful and prudent to ensure your success and the safety of your people and ours. We will also provide periodic updates throughout to ensure you are aware of any changes that may affect you.
Thank you for your continued trust in us. You have my commitment that we won’t let you down. This is going to be a challenging period for all of us, but by working together we will get through it.
Please feel free to reach out to our team, or to me personally, if you have any questions or concerns.